Control Your Central AC Remotely and Lower Your Energy Use
Some Real Benefits
- Manage your energy usage to fit your lifestyle
- Program your thermostat using the internet or your smartphone
- Help to ensure reliable power to you and your community
- Help reduce air pollution
- Delay need for costly power delivery system upgrades
- You get a free Carrier smart thermostat (valued at $300) and we'll handle the installations, at no cost to you
Smart thermostats allow you to adjust settings using the internet or your smartphone, from anywhere, and are equipped with programming features that maximize the efficiency of your central air-conditioning system. Smart thermostats also allow PSEG Long Island to remotely adjust the amount of electricity your central air-conditioning system uses to help reduce the demand for energy during peak periods. A signal similar to a pager and/or beeper will communicate with your central air-conditioning thermostat and will cycle your unit's compressor on and off to reduce demand on our electric system. Your fan will continue to operate and circulate air. You can always override the adjustment if necessary.
WINTER REMINDER...BRRRRR. . . . IT'S COLD!
To turn off your central air conditioning, please check that MODE is set on OFF. If your thermostat has the HEAT feature, press MODE to set it on HEAT. To check this, press the UP button to light up the screen. MODE is located in the upper left hand corner of the lit screen. If you do not see the word OFF or HEAT below MODE, please press the MODE button until OFF or HEAT is displayed. You are now ready to use your heat.